2015 Yamaha YZ250FX
Planet Powersports Call: (304) 800-4551
VERY, VERY NICE AND CLEAN DIRTBIKE!!! SO CLEAN YOU WOULD THINK IT WAS NEW. CALL 304-800-4551 TODAY!!!
- The revolutionary, rearward slanted, high-performance liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine has been tuned to challenge for race victories in the very competitive GNCC and Hare Scrambles race series.
- The position of the engine moves the rotational mass of the cams towards the center of the bike which allows for a straight shot, down draft intake and straight exhaust port for ultimate performance. This keeps air box up high, out of dust and mud/water.
- The fuel injection system uses 3-D mapped electronic control for the fuel and ignition timing that are optimized for cross-country racing.
- A 6-speed wide-ratio transmission is used to insure the right gear is selected for a wide variety of terrain found in cross country racing.
- The clutch plate material, springs, push lever and oil valve are optimized for cross-country racing.
- Push button electric start makes starting the YZ250FX easy and convenient.
- An all aluminum bilateral beam frame similar to the YZ250F provides strength, lightness and durability for race conditions.
- Industry favorite KYB® air/oil separate Speed Sensitive System spring forks with Kashima coating and KYB® rear shock, also with Kashima coating and featuring a large 50mm piston. Both the forks and rear shock are tuned specifically for cross country racing.
- Special cross-country racing Dunlop AT81 tires are used to maximize traction while delivering excellent wear.
- Accessory GYTR® Power Tuner lets owners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to match engine performance characteristics to the rider and race conditions in a matter of seconds with the push of a few buttons.
- Quick-adjust clutch, aluminum handlebars and a side stand are standard for added rider convenience.
- Quick-release quarter-turn Dzus® air box fasteners for tool-less access to the air filter.
- High-quality O-ring is tough and durable.
- The YZ250FX is pre-wired for an optional radiator fan.
- Engine Type: 250cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0 x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) Keihin® 44mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Wide-ratio constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® Speed-Sensitive System; inverted fork; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® Fully adjustable single shock; 12.5-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 90/90-21 54M
- Tires / Rear: 110/100-18 64M
- L x W x H: 85.2 x 32.5 x 50.4 in
- Seat Height: 38.0mm
- Wheelbase: 57.7 in
- Ground Clearance: 12.8 in
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal
- Wet Weight***: 249 lb
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- All-New for 2015 with a revolutionary rearward slanted 250cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC 4-stroke with 4 titanium valves based on the 2015 YZ250F, with an added sixth gear and wide ratio transmission, among other modifications, make it an “out-of-the-box” Hare Scrambles/GNCC® competition machine.
- Nearly the same bilateral beam frame that is found on the championship winning YZ250F is used on the FX. It places the engine and fuel tank close to the center mass of the bike for extremely light and nimble handling character.
- A Keihin 44mm throttle body fuel injection system is tuned for cross-country racing and ensures smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions.
- Industry leading KYB® air/oil separation Speed Sensitive System forks and a KYB® rear shock suspension with settings designed specifically for cross country racing.
- With a 2 gallon fuel tank, 18-inch rear wheel and XC racing tires, the YZ250FX is ready to win right out of the box.
- The YZ250FX is the first YZ to feature electric start which helps reduce rider fatigue.
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- 250 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) Keihin® 44mm
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- KYB® Speed-Sensitive System; inverted fork; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
- Front Tire
- 90/90-21 54M
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® Fully adjustable single shock; 12.5-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/100-18 64M
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 249 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.0 gal.
- 57.7 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 38 in.
- Wide-ratio constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)