2014 Kawasaki KFX® 90
For riders age 12 and over who have outgrown their 50cc ATV or are just beginning to enjoy the trails with mom and dad, the 2014 KFX®90 offers the perfect mix of strength and safety. With a fully automatic transmission that is easy to operate and start via an electronic push-button ignition, full suspension and styling inspired by its race-oriented big brother, the KFX90 is the ideal machine to nurture riders' abilities on the track or in the woods. Family-friendly features including full floorboards to protect riders’ feet and parental controls to limit top speed will keep parents smiling almost as much as their kids.
At A Glance...
• User-friendly power for riders with limited experience
• Convenient push-button electric starting with a kick-start backup
• Keyed ignition switch prevents ATV operation without the proper key
• Throttle-limiting screw and removable transmission collar allow parents to help new riders gain experience at slower speeds
• Continuously variable automatic transmission lets new riders focus on learning, not on a shift or clutch lever
• Brakes are activated by handlebar-mounted levers to simplify operation
89cc air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single
• Reliable 89cc air-cooled overhead-cam four-stroke engine
• Produces user-friendly power that’s easily managed by entry-level riders
• Electric push-button starting with kick-start backup
• Electrically operated enrichening circuit automatically opens an extra fuel passage during cranking for easy starting
• Equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor
• Continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
• Chain drive
• Aggressive sport ATV design similar to larger KFX models
• Wide stance for stable handling
• Steel chassis for durability
• Full floorboards help protect feet
• A-arm front suspension with dual shocks
• Swingarm rear suspension
• 3.9 in. ground clearance at the rear axle
• Maxxis tires – 18 x 7-8 front, 18 x 9-8 rear
• Two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake for excellent stopping power
• All three brakes are activated by the handlebar-mounted brake levers to simplify operation
• Keyed ignition switch prevents starting without a key
• Throttle-limiting screw allows parents to limit throttle opening to help new riders gain experience at slower speeds
• Collar in CVT can easily be removed for increased speed as experience is gained
- Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder
- Displacement: 89cc
- Bore x Stroke: 47.0 x 51.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni PTE 16
- Ignition: Solid state CDI
- Transmission: Continuously Variable Automatic
- Final Drive: Chain
- Frame Type: Double cradle, steel
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: Single A-arm with twin shock absorbers / 2.8 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Swingarm with single shock absorber / 2.9 in.
- Front Tire Size: AT18x7-8 tubeless
- Rear Tire Size: AT18x9-8 tubeless
- Front Brakes: Dual mechanical drums
- Rear Brakes: Hydraulic disc
- Overall Length: 56.1 in.
- Overall Width: 35.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 38.0 in.
- Ground Clearance: At rear axle – 3.9 in.
- Track Front/Rear: 26.8 / 26.0 in.
- Curb Weight: 262 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Color Choices: Lime Green
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, single cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 47.0 x 51.8mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Mikuni PTE 16
- Starting System
- Electric with kick-start backup
- Front Suspension
- Single A-arm with twin shock absorbers
- Front Travel
- 2.8 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual mechanical drums
- Front Tires
- AT18x7-8 tubeless
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock absorber
- Rear Travel
- 2.9 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Hydraulic disc
- Rear Tires
- AT18x9-8 tubeless
- Double cradle, steel
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 262 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.5 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- At rear axle: 3.9 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 56.1 in. L x 35.6 in. W
- 38.0 in.
- Final Drive
- Continuously Variable Automatic
- Lime Green
- 12 Months