2006 Yamaha GRIZZLY 660 AUTOMATIC 4X4
Planet Powersports Call: (304) 800-4551
GRIZZLY 660 AUTOMATIC 4X4
It's what the tough get going on. Long-travel four-wheel independent suspension and an unbeatable power-to-weight ratio add up to the toughest ATV out there.
- Highly evolved, liquid-cooled, five-valve, 660cc four-stroke engine and light weight add up to one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any utility model in the industry.
- California green sticker compliant.
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission is the most advanced drive system in ATV-ing. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear, unmatched durability and confident all-wheel downhill engine braking.
- Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD — all with the simple push of a button.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shocks and 11.8 inches of ground clearance provide maximum control and comfort over rough terrain.
- Trick digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- All-wheel independent suspension, a thick, cushy seat and light handling make for a supremely comfortable ride.
- Lightweight yet super-strong CAD-designed steel frame results in the lightest weight in the class — 600 pounds — which results in outstanding handling and performance.
- Yamaha's patented five-valve cylinder design produces a potent combination of low-rev torque, right-now throttle response and high horsepower.
- 42mm Mikuni BSR carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition system ensure incredible throttle response and engine performance.
- Pushbutton electric starting with auxiliary recoil starter and auto decompression cam for “easy-pull” backup starter convenience.
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps into massive pulling power in low and superior performance in high.
- Specially designed full stainless steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- Override button allows engine to make maximum RPM in full Diff-Lock mode.
- Compact engine design features a 45° cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and lower seat height for quick steering and maneuverability.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer shaft and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features a gear case and electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff-Lock via the On-Command® system.
- Direct rear shaft drive eliminates the U-joint for great durability and more efficient power transfer at all RPM.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris to help prevent belt from slipping.
- Easy-access, tool-free air-filter box.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes and shaft-mounted hydraulic rear disc system ensure outstanding stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- Light, responsive steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability — even in 4WD.
- 7.1 inch front suspension travel and 9.5 inches out back, controlled by five-way preload adjustable shocks, provide a comfortable ride whatever the load or trail conditions.
- 11.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite skid plate deliver maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- 34.6-inch seat height for excellent handling and maneuverability.
- 25 x 8-12 front and 25 x 10-12 rear tires on, lightweight aluminum wheels further boost ground clearance while reducing unsprung weight for lighter, responsive steering.
- Heavy-duty front carry bar and CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
- Rugged steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a total of 286 pounds combined (99 front, 187 rear).
- Center-mounted, heavy-duty trailer hitch comes standard and can tow over 1200 pounds.
- Handy, 12-liter underseat storage box.
- Large, 5.3-gallon fuel tank features an electronic, bar-type gauge and easy-access petcock.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards feature serrated footpegs for extra grip in wet conditions.
- Large, specially designed seat is extra plush and widely contoured for all-day rider comfort.
- Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton bulb headlights with high/low beams feature stylishly sleek cat-eye design; 5-watt/21-watt tail/brake light.
- Convenient, water-resistant 12-volt DC power outlet handles a wide range of accessories.
- Maintenance-free 18-amp-hour battery provides extra starting power, even in cold weather.
- Underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
NOTES:ATVs with engines of 49cc to 70cc are recommended for use only by riders age 6 years and older, and always with adult supervision. ATVs with engines of 70cc to 90cc are recommended for use only by riders age 12 years and older, and always with adult supervision. ATVs with engines 90cc or greater are recommended for use only by riders age 16 years and older. Yamaha recommends that all ATV riders take an approved training course. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the ATV Safety Institute at 1-800-887-2887. ATVs can be hazardous to operate. For your safety: Always avoid paved surfaces. Never ride on public roads. Always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Never carry passengers. Never engage in stunt riding. Riding and alcohol/drugs don't mix. Avoid excessive speed. And be particularly careful on difficult terrain. There are few joys in life equal to the free-spirited thrill and experience of ATV riding. And that's why it's important for all of us to do our part as responsible riders. By following logical, common-sense rules, we can maintain season after season of unparalleled enjoyment of our sport. Please remember to “tread lightly.” Always ride in a responsible manner, respecting the environment as well as all state and local laws. Specifications subject to change without notice. All ATVs come with a 6-month Limited Factory Warranty. See your dealer for details.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke, 5-Valve SOHC
- 660 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 100 x 84 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Liquid Cooled w/ Fan
- Fuel System
- Mikuni 42mm BSR
- Starting System
- Electric w/ Auxiliary pull
- Front Suspension
- Independent Double Wishbone, 7.1” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Front Brake Type
- Dual Hydraulic Discs
- Front Tires
- AT25 x 8-12 w/ Aluminum Wheels
- Rear Suspension
- Independent Double Wishbone, 9.5” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Rear Brake Type
- Hydraulic Disc, Four Piston, Shaft Mounted
- Rear Tires
- AT25 x 10-12 w/ Aluminum Wheels
- Dry Weight
- 600 lbs.
- Front Rack Capacity
- 99 lbs.
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 187 lbs.
- Towing Capacity
- 1,212 lbs.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 11.8 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 82.1” x 45.3” x 47.6”
- 50.2 in.
- Drive Train
- Yamaha On-Command® push button 3-way locking differential, 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD
- Final Drive
- Yamaha Ultramatic® V-Belt with Hi,Lo,Neut.,Rev.,Park
- Standard: Digital LCD Multi-function display
- Standard: Digital LCD Multi-function display
- Standard: Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector Headlights & 21/5W Brake light
- Hardwoods HD Camo, Hunter Green, Steel Blue, Red
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)